21 June 2008

Prague

Last weekend we had a visitor! As the weather was really cold and rainy here, it was a good thing that we planned to only briefly stay in Zurich. We lucked out and it did not rain on the first evening my friend was here, so we went to the Fan Zone in Zurich to watch a football game, but I didn't bring my camera.

The next day my friend and I went to Prague for a short weekend trip. We had a great time seeing the city. It is just as beautiful as everyone says it is. While there, we tried to see as many sights as we could; we watched part of the Czech Republic - Turkey game in the Old Town Square; and we enjoyed some Czech food. I was excited to finally try goulash. Here are a few of my photos:


Prague Castle in the background


St. Vitus Cathedral


The sun shining through the stained glass windows inside St. Vitus Cathedral


View of the Charles Bridge from Prague Castle


Rainbow and view of Prague from Prague Castle


On the Charles Bridge


The Spanish Synagogue


The Astronomical Clock


The crowd celebrating a Czech goal in the Old Town Square

No comments: